make DLL

Started by trotter, October 04, 2010, 03:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trotter

Hi to all.

I have a silly problem. I can't understand how to use newLisp programs. I didn't find ways to compile them as .dll, .exe or something like that, but i read "newLISP can be compiled as a UNIX shared library or Win32 DLL (dynamic link library)". it makes me sad...

Please tell me where i can find this info or show me some examples if it's possible.

Thanks and sorry.

HPW

Quotebut i read "newLISP can be compiled as a UNIX shared library or Win32 DLL (dynamic link library)"

This means only that you can compile it from the source distrubution yourself using a GCC-compiler.

The normal newLISP-distribution come with a precompiled EXE and DLL so no need to compile yourself.

newLISP itself is an interpreter and not a compiler!

You can start a newlisp.exe with a lisp-source-filename as a paramter so it gets executed.

There is also a link.lsp to attach a lsp to the newlisp.exe to get a custom interpreter with one file.

The newLISP-DLL can be used from other programming enviroments to embed the newLISP language into a host-app.

This was done in the past from C,delphi,powerpasic,neobook and Excel (So far I remember)
Hans-Peter