Spam posts on this forum

Started by cormullion, July 18, 2006, 05:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cormullion

Is it possible to set up new users on this forum so that their first one or two posts are moderated, or checked, before posting? Or should the registration process require a confirmation email or something?

Whatever, thanks to whoever is deleting them promptly - it's good that they don't remain on the system for long.

pjot

Hi Cormullion,

You're welcome :-) ... but probably also other people are deleting the spamposts.

Actually it might also be a good idea to delete all useraccounts older than 6 months, which have 0 posts, just to cleanup everything.

But Ryon already proposed that he will upgrade the forum to a better authentication. Then the spamming should decrease.

Peter

Ryon

Our "admin's helpers" have been doing a great job of killing spam quickly. And Peter's recently cleaned out a lot of those offending user accounts. Thanks for your help, folks!
\"Give me a Kaypro 64 and a dial tone, and I can do anything!\"

alex

Not all "novice questions" are "spam" I think.

I see little "real spam" in our forum.

All good now(IMHO).

pjot

All,

There have been many spamposts lately, though not everybody may see it as these are being deleted very quickly by real newLisp people.

Please also send a PM to me with the IP address of the offender(s), so I can block the IP address from this forum.

Peter