WINNERS NEWLISP COMPETITION 2007

Started by newdep, January 11, 2008, 04:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newdep

Thank you all joining the newlisp competition 2007.

Very nice entry's and many on different levels.

The forum users have voted. (Thank you for voting)

[size=200]*** The winners of the 2007 Competition ***[/size]

[size=150]1st PRICE WINNER 2007 NEWLISP COMPETITION

An undisputable first price victory for the FOOP VIDEO's by M I C H A E L.
[/size]

* Ever lasting Hall-Of-Fame of newlisp competition winner 2007.

* A singed by GURU newlisp printed manual

* A newlisp T-Shirt that flashes on any programming party

[size=150]

2nd PRICE WINNER 2007 NEWLISP COMPETITION

A popular addon for newlisp, the VIM ADDONS by CYRIL.[/size]

* The famous and hard to get by newlisp T-Shirt

[size=150]3th PRICE WINNER 2007 NEWLISP COMPETITION

Calculated over the avarage votes (minus the 1st/2nd price),

is the NLIST tool by NEWDEP.
[/size]

* A very nice multifunctional newlisp T-Shirt

These prices are made available by Guru Lutz.

Please send a PM to Lutz with your address details

so the prices can be mailed to you when the printing-press is cooled down.

PS: I donate my T-Shirt, because I already got one of these famous shirts,

to CORMULLION for his BLOG contributions 2007. (please report to to counter for collection)
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

Fanda

Congratulation to all winners! Enjoy your prices!

Fanda

m i c h a e l

I won?! Wow, thank you, everyone! The last time I won something was for a diorama I built of a Star Wars Lambda-class T-4a shuttle for a model competition back in 1983 :-)

I've already begun to design a special, hermetically sealed container/vault for the manual so it can be ready when the precious article arrives ;-)

Inspired by Norman's generosity (and because I already have one), I, too, would like to offer the first place t-shirt to any poor soul denied the joy of already possessing one. Any takers?

m i c h a e l

cormullion

Quote from: "newdep"PS: I donate my T-Shirt, because I already got one of these famous shirts, to CORMULLION for his BLOG contributions 2007. (please report to to counter for collection)

Wow - thanks! I'm unlikely to be able to win the fabulous Golden Fleece or the mythical Cloak of Mithril, but I think I'll be happiest with having won - or at least inherit - the revered Shirt of newLISP.

I'm really 'chuffed', as we say over here!

Thanks!

Cyril

Quote from: "newdep"PS: I donate my T-Shirt, because I already got one of these famous shirts, to CORMULLION for his BLOG contributions 2007. (please report to to counter for collection)

Quote from: "m i c h a e l"Inspired by Norman's generosity (and because I already have one), I, too, would like to offer the first place t-shirt to any poor soul denied the joy of already possessing one. Any takers?

It seems that I have no choice but to join the band. Not because I have one, but because mailing T-shirt from Florida to Moscow doesn't seem a brilliant idea to me. Much cheaper (and faster) is to mail me a picture, and to allow me to print my T-shirt locally, and to declare it under Lutz authority as a genuine one. At least until we have Gibson's nanofaxes. I even promise to wear it sometimes!
With newLISP you can grow your lists from the right side!

cormullion

Perhaps Lutz could post two to me, and I'll forward one to you. Since I live in England, that's about halfway around the world, travelling east... :)

newdep

Sending those t-shirts isnt that expensive!  its 4 dollars to The Netherlands... ;-)
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

Cyril

Quote from: "newdep"Sending those t-shirts isnt that expensive!  its 4 dollars to The Netherlands... ;-)

Oh! I have not realized that you are from Netherlands! http://www.livejournal.com/interests.bml?int=dutch+programmers">"Duch programmers" are long ago in my interests list in LiveJournal. I have had Edsger Dijkstra, Guido van Rossum and Bram Moolenaar in mind, so you will be the fourth!

In fact you are right. I have ordered books from Amazon, and shipping was cheap enough. But I was too lazy to do all the paperwork, so I just have asked a friend of mine to add my order to his, and he received the whole package to his address. I'll ask him how to write my postal address for international delivery correctly. (You may disbelieve, but I have never done this before)
With newLISP you can grow your lists from the right side!

itistoday

Quote from: "m i c h a e l"I won?! Wow, thank you, everyone! The last time I won something was for a diorama I built of a Star Wars Lambda-class T-4a shuttle for a model competition back in 1983 :-)

I've already begun to design a special, hermetically sealed container/vault for the manual so it can be ready when the precious article arrives ;-)

Inspired by Norman's generosity (and because I already have one), I, too, would like to offer the first place t-shirt to any poor soul denied the joy of already possessing one. Any takers?

m i c h a e l

Congrats on winning, you definitely deserved it, those videos are awesome!  What do you use to make them btw? (I'm curious because I used to do a lot of video editing).

If you're still looking for someone to give the shirt to I'd be very happy to get one!  Is it possible to get in size medium?
Get your Objective newLISP groove on.

m i c h a e l

Quote from: "itistoday"Congrats on winning, you definitely deserved it, those videos are awesome!

Thank you very much! They are definitely a labor of love :-)

Quote from: "itistoday"What do you use to make them btw? (I'm curious because I used to do a lot of video editing).

Keynote 4.0.1. I tried to do FOOP 3 in After Effects (fantastic program), but it was much more difficult. I'm basically happy with Keynote's results.

Quote from: "itistoday"If you're still looking for someone to give the shirt to I'd be very happy to get one! Is it possible to get in size medium?

Yes, great! I believe you can contact Lutz directly with your mailing address and size (I hope this is right, Lutz).

Well-done, everyone. It was a great selection of entries. Looking forward to seeing what we come up with for the 2008 competition! Maybe I can finish FontComp by then ;-)

m i c h a e l

itistoday

Quote from: "m i c h a e l"Keynote 4.0.1. I tried to do FOOP 3 in After Effects (fantastic program), but it was much more difficult. I'm basically happy with Keynote's results.

Ah, that's pretty nifty actually, for some reason I forgot that Keynote could do that, it's a fantastic program.

Quote from: "m i c h a e l"
Quote from: "itistoday"If you're still looking for someone to give the shirt to I'd be very happy to get one! Is it possible to get in size medium?

Yes, great! I believe you can contact Lutz directly with your mailing address and size (I hope this is right, Lutz).

Awesome!  I sent him an email with that information, thank you so much for donating your shirt!  I just finished watching the Macworld Keynote, may the gods bless you with a MacBook Air in the near future! :-p

m i c h a e l

Quote from: "itistoday"may the gods bless you with a MacBook Air in the near future! :-p

Interesting you should say that (and thoughtful, too :-), since I also just finished watching the video with the guy in the Steve Jobs costume showing off the Air. To me, that finger-gesture stuff is the most exciting. I hope your prayer is answered ;-)

m i c h a e l

P.S. You should get your t-shirt in no time, as you live in Lutz's neck of the woods :-)

itistoday

I got the shirt today, it's awesome!  I like the design and am very happy about getting it because I need more shirts, so thanks again michael for donating yours!  And thanks Lutz for sending it so quickly too!

:-D->-<

^-- Me ecstatic about receiving my new shirt.

m i c h a e l

Quote from: "itistoday"I got the shirt today, it's awesome! I like the design and am very happy about getting it because I need more shirts, so thanks again michael for donating yours!

You're welcome! I'm delighted it went to someone so appreciative and enthusiastic :-)

m i c h a e l

P.S. While coding particularly difficult programs, I find wearing the newLISP t-shirt produces a mysterious sense of well-being, allowing me to calmly code the seemingly impossible ;-)

itistoday

So the other day I was standing in line for some Krishna lunch at my university, wearing the newLISP shirt, and I see a guy walking past me staring at it.  He continues walking past me, and then a few seconds runs back and says, "Hey man, that's an awesome shirt!"  And runs off again.  I was pleasantly surprised.  :-)