10.6.0 fails to start on Lubuntu

Started by dukester, December 27, 2014, 10:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukester

I just installed newLISP v.10.6.0 for UBUNTU on i386 UTF-8 enabled in Lubuntu running in VMware on a win7 box.

Zero joy!!  It wont start! I have NEWLISPDIR set, and the software is where it's supposed to be!!

Any ideas as to what is causing this WTF moment?  lol ...   TIA
duke

rrq

I had a problem some months ago trying it on an oldish ubuntu, which turned out to be something with libffi or libreadline. I believe I ended up compiling my own newlisp on that host.

dukester

Thanks for the input Ralph!!  My version of Lubuntu is the most recent, so there should have been zero problems - a person would have thought. :/

I suppose I could compile from source!  The Win7 version installed with zero problems. I'll try re-installing the .deb package and see how it goes the 2nd time. I'm hoping that Lutz fixes this issue or at least puts up a warning that there are issues!!  Thanks again!!
duke

Lutz

May be your UBUNTU installation is 64-bit and newLISP 1.60 on UBUNTU requires 32-bit OS libraries. You could try to install the development version newLISP 1.61, which starts delivering newLISP as a 64-bit app on UBUNTU.

What is the error message you are getting?

dukester

Quote from: "Lutz"May be your UBUNTU installation is 64-bit and newLISP 1.60 on UBUNTU requires 32-bit OS libraries.

That must be it!!!  I am running 64-bit Lubuntu!!

QuoteYou could try to install the development version newLISP 1.61, which starts delivering newLISP as a 64-bit app on UBUNTU.  What is the error message you are getting?

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$ newlisp

bash: /usr/bin/newlisp: No such file or directory

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$ which newlisp

/usr/bin/newlisp

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$ ls /usr/bin/newlisp

/usr/bin/newlisp

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$ which newlisp-edit

/usr/bin/newlisp-edit

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$ ls /usr/bin/newlisp-edit

/usr/bin/newlisp-edit

dnormandin@dnormandin-virtual-machine:~$
duke

dukester

Problem solved!!!  Thank you Lutz!!!!

I installed v10.6.1 - and I'm like:  "Joy to the world .........!"  lol ...

Thx again!!
duke