starting java using process

Started by mostlywrong, January 16, 2009, 07:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mostlywrong

i found it. i think let me make sure im using the original guiserver.lsp

copied from above:
Quote("Path" "PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\UltraEdit-32;C:\Program

Files\Altiris\Software Virtualization Agent\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program F

iles\ActiveState Komodo Edit 5\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;C:\newlisp")

the problem probably has been floating around for a year or 2 waiting to bite me. I went back to the environment window and looked again. something about the system vs user pain was bugging me. finally i saw that the environment had the word path 2 times. once as a lable and once with an equal. i cant tell you how many time i have seen path=%path%;something in config files. somewhere mine lost the %path% and left the path= hanging in value side. took it out and all is well.

I'd like to thank you again for helping me solve this.

Lutz

On my XP-SP2 installation:

> (env)

(("ALLUSERSPROFILE" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users") ("APPDATA" "C:\Documents and Settings\lutz\Application Data")

("CLIENTNAME" "Console")

("CommonProgramFiles" "C:\Program Files\Common Files")

("COMPUTERNAME" "WINDOWS")

("ComSpec" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe")

("FP_NO_HOST_CHECK" "NO")

("HOMEDRIVE" "C:")

("HOMEPATH" "\Documents and Settings\lutz")

("LOGONSERVER" "\\WINDOWS")

("NEWLISPDIR" "C:\Program Files\newlisp")

("NEWLISPLIB_INIT" "c:\lib-init.lsp")

("NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS" "1")

("OS" "Windows_NT")

("Path" "C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\newlisp")

("PATHEXT" ".COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH")

("PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE" "x86")

("PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER" "x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel")

("PROCESSOR_LEVEL" "6")

("PROCESSOR_REVISION" "0f06")

("ProgramFiles" "C:\Program Files")

("PROMPT" "$P$G")

("SESSIONNAME" "Console")

("SystemDrive" "C:")

("SystemRoot" "C:\WINDOWS")

("TEMP" "C:\DOCUME~1\lutz\LOCALS~1\Temp")

("TMP" "C:\DOCUME~1\lutz\LOCALS~1\Temp")

("USERDOMAIN" "WINDOWS")

("USERNAME" "lutz")

("USERPROFILE" "C:\Documents and Settings\lutz")

("windir" "C:\WINDOWS"))

>

mostlywrong

just in case you missed it. i edited my last post to say i found the trouble and the original guiserver.lsp now works like a champ.

xytroxon

Quote from: "mostlywrong"just in case you missed it. i edited my last post to say i found the trouble and the original guiserver.lsp now works like a champ.

Great!

Proving once again that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Your thread helped me to understand a few things more about enviroment vars and paths and to clean up somethings on my machine :)

And by posting this thread, your PATH variable will live on forever**

In my browser, I highlighted and copied your PATH variable to check it out in my editor. (That period in "\ATI.ACE" looked strange to me, but is legal.) Forgetting, I accidentally opened a Google search with it. And to my surprise, Google found this thread!

-- xytroxon

** Forever. or until Google purges it!
\"Many computers can print only capital letters, so we shall not use lowercase letters.\"

-- Let\'s Talk Lisp (c) 1976

mostlywrong

wow! Google indexed the pages very quickly. i would not have thought it would be so quick.