DLL in Windows does not work?

Started by ale870, May 03, 2012, 01:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ale870

Hello,

I updated my newlisp dll with the one supplied with the latest distribution.

The problem is I cannot open it any more using Blitzmax and "LoadLibraryA()" (standard windows function).

If I try to register the dll using regsvr32 newlisp.dll I get the error:

The module newlisp.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "newlisp.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 32bit edition
--

Lutz

There has been no change for DLLs going from version 10.4.0 to 10.4.2. But going from newLISP version 10.3.3 to 10.4.0 the WinSocket version requested during the DLL startup was changed from: 1.1 to 2.2 to a more recent version. In the main executable this change took place earlier when going from version 10.2.8 to 10.3.0.

ale870

my exe version of newlisp works well, so please can you help me to understand what I need to do to accomplish this modification?

Can you test on your computer if you can register the dll using <regsvr32 newlisp.dll> in win 7 32bit? Is it possible that your last update "broke" something as compatibility?
--

HPW

I have no problems using the DLL from my neobook plugin.

But I also never use regsvr32 to register the DLL.

The DLL is a standard DLL and no ActiveX or COM dll, so why should it be registered?

Hans-Peter
Hans-Peter

ale870

I didn't want to register it. I tried it since I got an error while I open it using BLitzmax. And previous version (ONE YEAR AGO!) it worked perfectly. So I'm hitting the wall with my head!!

I will better search for blitzmax dll problems.

Thank you.
--

ale870

Ok, solved.

1) My newlisp.dll was not in M$ Windows path.

2) I had problems by mapping my application (Bliztmax) functions in newLisp. So I noticed that this code changed (see the full example for "cpymem" function):

In the past:

(cpymem (pack "ld" 265 ) (first (dump foo)) 4)

Now:

(cpymem (pack "ld" 2312 ) (first (dump foo)) 4)

The value was changed "265" to "2312".

Thank you.
--