newLisp,database,Linux,Oracle

Started by ale870, April 07, 2011, 05:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ale870

Hello,

I wish to use newLisp in Linux, to access to Oracle database on a remote machine.

Currently I do this in Windows, using ODBC.

Can you give me hints, guidelines, or an example how to do that in Linux (I use Ubuntu server 10).

I wish to migrate newLisp Apache CGI programs in Linux environment.

Thank you for your help!
--

ale870

No help :'(  ?

You mean I will be obliged to "live" inside Win?

Nooo!!!!!!!! I want to die!!!  :-)  :-)  :-)
--

cormullion

I wish I could provide you with an answer!

There are probably loads of solutions, but some of them will involve money, since this is enterprise-level software, even on Linux (I'm summarizing the results of 30 seconds of Googling :)). Of course, if you can use SQL directly, then there are a number of interfaces that allow you to use SQL statements, from newLISP. I remember Greg did something too: (http://www.taoeffect.com/newlisp/database.lsp.html">http://www.taoeffect.com/newlisp/database.lsp.html).

newdep

Hi Ale870,

I assume you want to leave the ODBC database where it is? I have never migrated to oracle, mysql or Postgress before but ill guess its possible regarding to the database structure/content import/export.

But based on the newlisp data and apache, i assume that should be a smooth path. Apache is a multiplatvorm design as is newlisp, configurations of apache cant be switches instantly with some small adjustements in the path's and modules it uses..I dont expect problems in the newlisp scripts (only with CR/LF things inside scripts..).. I dont see too many obstacles actualy.. Or are you seeking for a newlisp script that accesses Oracle? I thought there was one doing this..but should not be too difficult baking that...
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

ale870

Thank you.

Even if I don't like ODBC, I can even stay on that, even on Linux, just to simplify porting.

Anyone knows if LINUX->newLisp->ODBC (for linux) work well with native newLisp code?

(I need to spend time to install odb c on linux, and I wish to know newlisp works well there or if there are issues  (small and big).

Thank you.
--