Request: ' escaping for newlispdoc

Started by TedWalther, May 09, 2009, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedWalther

In newlispdoc I've run across a few scenarios where I want to use the single quote and not have it be interpreted as a tt tag.  I understand there is an html entity I could use intead; could we add the ' escape though?
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence.  Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP.  The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed.  \"Abomination!\" they cried.

TedWalther

Quote from: "TedWalther"In newlispdoc I've run across a few scenarios where I want to use the single quote and not have it be interpreted as a tt tag.  I understand there is an html entity I could use intead; could we add the ' escape though?

Oops.  newlispdoc doesn't like html entities.  If support for html entities (such as &, &squo;, >) could be added, I withdraw my request for a ' escape sequence.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence.  Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP.  The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed.  \"Abomination!\" they cried.

Lutz

The HTML entities >, < and & do work fine in newlispdoc.

For those which don't work, use HTML entities with char numbers, e.g. &_#_0_3_9 ; works for the single quote (underscores  added to avoid translation to ' by the forum).

TedWalther

Quote from: "Lutz"The HTML entities >, < and & do work fine in newlispdoc.

For those which don't work, use HTML entities with char numbers, e.g. &_#_0_3_9 ; works for the single quote (underscores  added to avoid translation to ' by the forum).

Thanks, that worked.  The documentation is done, now I'm putting in error handling and fitting the functions to the API as much as makes sense.  Is taking much longer than I thought it would.