development release newLISP v.9.2.6

Started by Lutz, November 21, 2007, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutz

Additions and changes in both, the core newLISP executable and newLISP-GS.

for files and changes notes see:  http://newlisp.org/downloads/development/">http://newlisp.org/downloads/development/

Lutz

cormullion

So far it works fine! (MacOS X Tiger 10.4.11 Intel). And more stuff in the manual too.

Lutz

QuoteAnd more stuff in the manual too.

any improvements to the writing in the new chapter "17. Object Oriented Programming in newLISP" are greatly appreciated.

Lutz

newdep

Hi Lutz,

Slackware 11.0   (where 9.2.5 compiled fine)>

$make linux_readline

make -f makefile_linux_readline

make[1]: Entering directory `/newlisp-9.2.6'

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX newlisp.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-symbol.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-math.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-list.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-liststr.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-string.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-filesys.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-sock.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-import.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-xml.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-web.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-matrix.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE                             -DLINUX nl-debug.c

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -c -O2 -g -DREADLINE -DLINUX pcre.c

gcc newlisp.o nl-symbol.o nl-math.o nl-list.o nl-liststr.o nl-string.o nl-filesys.o nl-sock.o nl-import.o nl-xml.o nl-web.o nl-matrix.o nl-debug.o pcre.o -g -lm -ldl -lreadline -lncurses -o newlisp

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/../../../crt1.o(.text+0xc): In function `_start':

../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:109: undefined reference to `__libc_csu_fini'

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x11):../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:110: undefined reference to `__libc_csu_init'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [default] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/newlisp-9.2.6'

make: *** [linux_readline] Error 2

$
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

Lutz

I bet 9.2.5 doesn't compile anymore on your machine too. There is only one algorithmic change for Unix/Linux in nl-math.c/p_rand(), and which doesn't involve any different library calls. All other changes only involve Win32 and Java in newLISP-GS.

Lutz

newBert

I've got some problems with special characters (in my language) in the version 9.2.6 !

The characters with an accent (e.g. "é" or "è") or other special character ("ç") count for two characters.

Example :

NewLISP v.2.9.5 :

(set 'str "Stéphanie")

(println (str 0) (str 3))

=> Sp

With NewLISP v.9.2.6 :

I must do

(println (str 0) (str 4))

to obtain

=> Sp

because of the "é" , at index #2 (and #3 !)

Sorry, if I'm not clear.

I come back to v.9.2.5 for the moment.

P.S.: I'm on Windows XP ...
<r><I>>Bertrand<e></e></I> − <COLOR color=\"#808080\">><B>newLISP<e></e></B> v.10.7.6 64-bit <B>>on Linux<e></e></B> (<I>>Linux Mint 20.1<e></e></I>)<e></e></COLOR></r>

newdep

You already knew i was stupid ;-)

..The problem isnt newlisp..

Im working on my 2nd linux machine which has an nfs mount.

The P4 wont compile, the AMD64 does..  machines are copy's

so thats odd... Anyway i need to throw something out of the attic window..
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

Lutz

Unfortunately I posted the Win32 version of newLISP 9.2.6 with the newLISP-GS UTF-8 Java GUI, but the newlisp.exe excutable is compiled as non UTF-8 version. I will repost newlisp-9206-win-gs-107.exe tomorrow morning, where the executable is UTF-8 too.

In version 9.2.6 (newLISP-GS) characters are UTF-8 encoded. In UTF-8 all non-ASCII characters are encoded in 2 to 4 bytes, i.e. the accented é is encoded as "195169", a double byte character.

The newLISP executable if compiled as UTF-8 knows about it and when doing indexing as in (str 0) (str 3) etc. can pick out variable-byte-wide characters correctly.

In the future (as already happening on Mac OS X) all binary packages will be shipped full UTF-8. The world is growing together and it makes a lot of sense to use a character set like UTF-8 able to display any character in the world. On the web we have most pages already encoded in UTF-8 and web browsers know how to handle this.

You will then be able to use no-ascii multibyte characters for names, strings and programming text in newLISP, and these programs and their output will look identical on all newLISP-GS platforms, no matter if the computer is running in France, Russia, Turkey or China.

When running the UTF-8 version of newLISP be aware that most (but not all) string functions work on character and not byte boundaries. This chapter: http://newlisp.org/downloads/newlisp_manual.html#unicode_utf8">http://newlisp.org/downloads/newlisp_ma ... icode_utf8">http://newlisp.org/downloads/newlisp_manual.html#unicode_utf8 contains a list of those functions.

Lutz

Lutz

Just reposted newlisp-9206-win-gs-107.exe as consistent UTF-8 for the GUI part and the executable newlisp.exe.

see: http://newlisp.org/downloads/development/">http://newlisp.org/downloads/development/

Lutz

HPW

The new UTF compiled DLL broke my turtls-demo in the neobook demo pub.

No idea what's the problem is.

Have to futher investigate.
Hans-Peter

HPW

9.2.6 also broke my prodcut configurator (from the contest) which runs fine with 9.2.5!

Still searching for the difference.
Hans-Peter

HPW

When I load my turtle.lsp with this line:

(set 'direction -425.6857918)

I get a '12 symbol expected in function set : .6857918'

Seems it is now starting with a different default locale then before.

When I use (set-locale "C") the turtle demo is running again.
Hans-Peter

Lutz

QuoteWhen I use (set-locale "C") the turtle demo is running again.

The UTF-8 version of the newlisp executable switches to the local locale on startup. The non-UTF-8 version enables the 'C' locale on startup.

Quote(set 'direction -425.6857918) ... I get a '12 symbol expected in function set : .6857918'

the switch to the local (German) locale on the UTF-8 version enables the comma as a decimal separator, so the: -425.6857918 now gets parsed as -425  and .6857918 making the 'set' statement fail. The "C" locale assumes the dot "." as the decimal separator.

Lutz

HPW

Still having troubles with my product configurator.

What is the benefit of having UTF enabled by default on WIN EXE and DLL?

17 KB plus (DLL).

Is there a performance difference?
Hans-Peter

HPW

My others troubles seems to come from (char ...).

I used it to made a autolisp-compatibel simple ASCII-shift encoding.

And now I get different results:
newLISP v.9.2.5 on Win32.

> (char 153)

"153"

newLISP v.9.2.6 on Win32 UTF-8.

> (char 153)

"?"

What are my options now?

A non-UTF native version of (char ..) in the UTF enabled newlisp?

A own (asciichar ..) function written in newlisp?

Stick with the NON-UTF compile on WIN-DLL?

BTW: Do I have to update the compile-toolchain to MinGW 5.1.3 with gcc v.3.4.5 (as announced in change-history)
Hans-Peter