How to run CGI with built-in web server?

Started by adamas, March 25, 2008, 04:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamas

Hi all,

I am trying to use newlisp's built-in web server.  It works perfectly on Linux. But it serves only static files on Win XP, for CGI files it gives an

ERR:500 need /tmp directory configured

error message.  I found this string in newlisp.exe but I didn't check the C source for the reason.  Could you please give me any pointer?

Adam

Cyril

Quote from: "adamas"I am trying to use newlisp's built-in web server.  It works perfectly on Linux. But it serves only static files on Win XP, for CGI files it gives an

ERR:500 need /tmp directory configured

error message.  I found this string in newlisp.exe but I didn't check the C source for the reason.  Could you please give me any pointer?

I have gone one step further: I have created the directory C:TMP, and the message disappears. I doesn't run any scripts although. So I second the question!
With newLISP you can grow your lists from the right side!

Lutz

- are you running IE version 7? then go back to IE 6 or use FireFox. There have been reports of IE 7 not working with newLISP server earlier.

- is newlisp.exe in the executable path? should be if installed from installer

- did you do a default install, or do you have changed drives/directories?

adamas

Quote from: "Lutz"is newlisp.exe in the executable path?

Thank you, that was the key.  A simple she-bang line in the cgi file like #!c:/path/to/newlisp.exe doesn't work.  But if newlisp.exe is on the PATH, a simple she-bang like #!newlisp works.  And I didn't need to create a tmp directory, either.