sqlite3 problem "no such table"

Started by jazper, February 19, 2010, 05:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazper

Hi

I am learning NewLisp:  having imported data (csv) into Sqlite3, I can work fine within the Firefox and Sqlite3Explorer tools.  However from within Newlisp IDE, the error reported is "no such table: MonFriDown".  As I say, the table is there, and usable:  in NewLisp, database opens ok. Code follows:

(load (append (env "NEWLISPDIR") "\modules\sqlite3.lsp"))
(if (sql3:open "SimonsTownLine.sqlite3")
(println "database opened/created")
(println "problem:  " (sql3:error)))

(define (query sql-text)
(set 'sqlarray (sql3:sql sql-text)) ; results of query
(if sqlarray
(map println sqlarray)
(println (sql3:error) " query problem ")))

(query "select * from MonFriDown")

(sql3:error)            
 (sql3:close)  

Does anyone have similar problems with SQLite3, or is there something wrong with my code?

regards

Lutz

Your code looks for  "SimonsTownLine.sqlite3" in the current directory, because it can't find an existing one there, it will create a new, empty one, which doesn't have the table.

You have to give the full path-file-name to your database, so it can find it.

PS: Use
(env "NEWLISPDIR") "/modules/sqlite3.lsp")

the forward slashes will work on Unix/Linux/OS X and Win32.

Or simply use:

(module "sqlite3.lsp")

jazper

Thanks very much.  I had started with the full path, and had the same problem, that's why I changed it.  But I will try again.

Strangely, I can't get the 'Periodic table' from the NewLisp introduction to work either.

thanks again.

itistoday

BTW, if you're interested in another sqlite3 module, you can take a look at http://www.rundragonfly.com/dragonfly_db_api">Dragonfly's. It uses a generic interface and ObjNL so that in the future you can easily change databases if needed.

If you check out the http://code.google.com/p/dragonfly-newlisp/source/checkout">mercurial repository for Dragonfly, there's some neat stuff in there that I've added recently for databases (with sqlite3 being the only one supported currently), including a basic ORM layer and some convenient functions (take a look in the dragonfly-framework/plugins-inactive/db folder). All of this isn't documented yet but it will be released soon with proper documentation.
Get your Objective newLISP groove on.